Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catchin up.

Alright.....it has been a crazy week.  Super busy but super fun.  Coterie was great but challenged me with the issue of money.  I am running super low and with the economy things aren't looking good.  I was reminded today about God and his taking care of us.  Jeremiah 29:11  Thank you
So.... Kurt suggested that I should take a look at the book he loaned me.  (by suggested I mean held me at knife point and take a look I mean read 100 pages!!!!  I almost cried.)  haha  wow.  It was such a good read.  I'm about half way there and learning tons!  Jesus Wants to Save Christians by Rob Bell and Don Golden talks about the link between the old testament and new.  I will write all about it once I finish the book and have a day to write my thoughts.  One quote that stuck out to me was this:

"When we're on top, when the system works for us,
when we are capable of managing our lives, 
what is there for God to do?"

It's not that I fully agree..... we can never do all there is to cause God to have nothing to work on us for.  That was a mouthful and probably made no sense.  What I'm trying to get at is that when things aren't looking good, don't lose hope.  I feel we get those "off days" that shape who we are and help get us to where we want to go.  Think about that.  If life is too good, what would we strive for.  We have it all...nothin left.....LAME   so if youre havin a crappy day, keep pushin....you'll make it.  smile.
I will continue my blog at another point.  At Kurts makin calls.

No comments: