Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love. It's everything.

Today was quite the day.  
Sunday school was fun.  Shawn and I had a great time with announcements and with the events that took place during class.  
Church was so great.  
"Promise"
-Unfinished Business
Dennis talked about the promise of a "new earth" for believers.  
Such a great concept.....moved fast because to fit all of this into one message....wild.
LOVE.  again....love came up.  
"... faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love."
Is love key?  Yes!!   Just read all of 1 Corinthians 13   all about love, and without it....have nothing.

Other practice was good.  Fun.  

Super Bowl Party at the Hayse house.  It was fun. funny commercials.
Steelers won!!  I was the lone rider in the party.  For good reason, but it was fun.
Have a great night all.   

Oh...I need to make it a point to show my love for others better.  If I am not acting in a loving way.  CALL ME OUT.  
thanks  tyler

3 comments:

Desi said...

it was a good topic thing the first one ive ever really listened to

Papa Schnelli said...

Good morning, Tyler! It was a great game on Sunday, and although I started out rooting for my home state Steelers, I found myself inspired by Arizona. What a terrific game, of course especially the last 10 min. Kolby had some buddies over and mom made a snack counter, yumm. Missed you.

Love on earth is "digging in" to understand someone else's point of view, isn't it. The "I am second" revelation that I need to listen (and respond) with a spiritual understanding of coming alongside, to view the world from the other's pair of eyes. It isn't natural, it's Christ working through us, on behalf of the other.

Yesterday I was on a refrig repair for an older guy, and as I worked we talked a bit, and when I was done he mentioned that he perceived that I have a spiritual side. We sat there and talked for half an hour, he's a widower and really misses his wife of 60 yrs. They got married when she was only 14, had to get special permission from the church, govenment, and parents to be legal, even tried another state. And they stayed it to the end, 60 years!, and he still misses her so much. "If I had it to do again, I'd some things differently...", like listening more intently. He still feels her touch on his hand when he's sitting, thought he heard her say his name, and even thought she left a message on his answering machine. Anyway, I had time to sit and listen, and in the end we prayed together that he would let Christ stand in for him, too, at the gate. It was precious, Dick and Alice, I think we'll see them there. It's fun to be used.

Love ya, and thanks to those around you who hold you up, keep you pointed, and appreciate your heart.

PS That baby is CUTE!! Congrats to Kurt and ...? can't think

Tyler Schnelli said...

Rhonda. :) thats a sweet story