Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hebrews 9 + 10

I have been reading through Hebrews and a few things stuck out to me today.  
(note: things stick out all the time.... hard to find time to type.)

Hebrews 9
*rules for worship?
*priests fear a different fear than I do.... should I fear that?
** Christ died ONCE to take ALL sins.

The topic of worship has come up a few times lately for me as i wrestle with the different sides of worship.  Facedown by Matt Redman was a wonderful book that revealed many parts of worship.  (need to read again and note things) I would really like to find more good books on worship.  heard about one last night as I practiced with the "big church" band.  David Crowder writes it.  Looks good.  
So fear...... What is fear?
Def. of fear: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous.  
It seemed as if the priests were afraid to enter the house of God for fear of not coming out.  Should I have that fear...like monster movie?  OR  fear of a power that could make me disappear at the mere thought of it.  

Hebrews 10
*lots of promises
  -Lord is faithful
  Hold STRONG
*continuing to sin deliberately upon knowing truth = (don't wanna think about it!!)
*Strength in young/new believers      (need the fire to continue)
Promises of righteousness.  I found myself at the end of the chapter with one thing stuck in my head.  SIN.  not only sin...but knowing that you are doing it...and STILL DOING IT!!!!  WHY
Someone come kick me in the man business if you see me doing something.... seriously... I want to know when something isn't right.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Axiom with kids for 6 hours.  Then relax....? I hope.  God Bless.  Smile.
-Tyler Schnelli

No comments: