Thursday, December 11, 2008

1 Thessalonians

I have been reading daily with the list in the back of my Bible and the last few days I have passed through Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians.  This is probably one of my favorite parts of the Bible.  (so hard to say because it is an amazing book)   Today was 1 Thessalonians:

* Encouragement.
*Struggles
*Hopeful Prayers for Others
*Seeing Death as a Wake-Up call

Those are some of the main points in the book.  As I live my life right now, not worrying a whole lot about what comes next, I found a peace in this book.  When Paul was talking about suffering I do not believe he was talking about Poison Oak, but that's the "suffering" I am going through right now so it was humorous to me.  Paul writes that even through suffering we can find joy.   This is so true.  Running low on food, money, job opportunities.....not a big deal.  I am loving God and kids...what more could I ask for.  With nothing I am still better off than so so many.  
Such and encouraging QT today. 

We are to please God, not man.  I won't purposely do things to bother people, but I no longer care what people think in terms of my image as a "cool" person or not.  That does not matter.  Just know that I will try my hardest to do everything out of Love because it is what holds all together.  Thanks.

  Everyone have a wonderful day.  I am off to hang/love/live my life with kids at the Axiom today.   Smile everyone.  
(i know i say that alot.  if it annoys you, get over it.  People in todays world need to see smiles.  It brightens days and lightens hearts.  If you disagree, oh well.  you can talk to me about it, but I continue to smile.)

1 comment:

Papa Schnelli said...

Your smile rocks, Tyler, keep givin' it. We're looking forward to Christmas, looking at bus/train schedules to get Kolby down there for the ride home. There are stops at the Oroville Park&Ride daily at 11:55, 2:15, 4:35, my guess Kolby will want as late a start as possible, arriving 12/19, 20, 21? That's this week, we need to nail it down. Be in touch. Kolby may be over here this afternoon, if so we'll call ya. Love ya lots..