Saturday, December 20, 2008

Faith. Love. Hop.....DISCIPLINE?

Today while I was at One62 doing my QT I read in Hebrews 11 - 13.  I must say I became slightly distracted while reading...   
WHAT?!?!?!  
(answering my phone?   it was Kurt  thought it was important.)

Looking back now....I feel that I should at least give GOD the respect of devoting that time to Him.  I spend a few measly minutes....it should all be His.  

Hebrews 11
*faith
   -what is it?
 Explained.     (just read the chapter and you will understand.)
For those of you who don't want the in depth version... Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
the dictionary gives a poor example of faith compared to what the Bible has to say.
*"by faith"   23 times!!!    (correct me if I'm wrong)
*tales of faith
-how God prevailed 
It comforts me to read this chapter and see all the times people were rewarded for their faith.  People have faith in such ridiculous things that it blows me away.  Why is it so hard for us to believe that God can do great things and Jesus did great miracles.  Because miracles "just don't happen" in this country.  We DON'T have the faith we should.  Why.  God won't punish for faith.

I did not realize that it is 3 am.  I was into this..... thinking and writing.  also matt moved in tonight.   Have a blessed day     I will finish tomorrow.  Much Love.   -Tyler   

No comments: