Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election IMPORTANT to READ!!!

Ok, so the election '08 is over and our new president is Barack Obama.  I did not vote, so i do not have a place to express displeasure.  I would have voted McCain, but Obama has not done anything yet....why judge.  We are called to a different standard of living, God has everything under control.  1 Peter 2:13-19 states it so perfectly.  

Submit yourselves fot the Lord's sake to every authority instituded among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.  For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.  Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.  Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.  Slaves, submit to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.  For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God.

Why can't we all see this verse?   It was brought to my attention by a smart man whom I work with at the church.  Kurt Libby.  I am so blessed to be where I am in these uncertain times.  I am learning so much and God's glory, awesomeness, and love.  So instead of bashin.....lift up in prayer.  
God Bless
Tyler Schnelli

1 comment:

Papa Schnelli said...

This is maturity. I'm pleased and impressed, and I think He is also. Stay close to Kurt. Looking forward to seeing you next week. ps- I read this shortly after the election, but just got back to it.